Saturday, August 4, 2007

Roosevelt Island

When I used to live in DC, every weekend meant a run either around or by Roosevelt Island... it was nice to get back there today with Jeremy and Lily. It was going to be a hot one, so we headed out shortly after Lily woke up. I normally give J. a hard time for only taking pictures where he makes me and Lily smile cheesily at the camera, so we had to give him props for getting some fun photos.

On a side note, Jeremy was telling us a story about how TR's trip to The Gambia gave him motivation to propose the entity that would later become the UN, but I couldn't confirm this - even on Wikipedia.

The two ladies in our family enjoying a stroll...

J. shot this while he was looking at kayaks, and Lily and I were enjoying the river. How funny are the similarities in zoned-out expression and crossed arms? Like mother, like daughter I guess.

No comments: