Wednesday, January 21, 2009

2009 Inaugural Ceremonies

So it has been a day since Obama's swearing-in, and I am still at a loss for words as to how to describe what it was like to be a part of the huge crowd. Instead, I'll just recap our day:

I don't know why, but I was psyched about the fact that 395 was closed, which meant the tunnel was open to pedestrian traffic. It is definitely not a pretty walk... but I'm a sucker for those "When are we ever going to be able to this again?" moments. Jeremy was a trooper and agreed to satisfy my curiosity. I felt like we were having a Will Ferrell in Elf moment, but instead of the Lincoln Tunnel, ours was the 395 tunnel.



Out of the tunnel... woohoo!

Noah and I snuggling among the masses...


Apparently karma smiles upon two people with little ones hoisted up on their backs. We managed to land a spot near the Museum of the American Indian (surprisingly, not too far from where our friends Matt and Colleen had tickets). We had a great few of the Capitol and the podium during Obama's speech.



Walking home... sooo many people!
Noah was his cheerful little self the whole time... he just wouldn't let himself fall asleep. Here he is making his "Nope, not sleepy!" face.


Lily was so excited during the ceremony. People in the crowd gave her little flags, which she waved enthusiastically while yelling, "Look! It's Barack Obama!" She crashed on the walk home though...


How did we reward such patience? With a cupcake, of course...

The best part of coming home? Snuggling on the couch while watching it again on TiVO...

No comments: