Thursday, April 5, 2007

As long as she eats...right??

Okay, this may be gross.

And maybe it makes me a terrible mother... regardless, it's a good snapshot into what our daily life is like. I feel obligated to not sugar-coat my experiences as a stay-at-home mom.

For whatever reason, Lily didn't eat much lunch yesterday. Maybe she was tired, maybe she was teething, who knows? She just threw most of her food on the floor and fussed.

Anyway, I finally got her out of her booster and let her play while I went to get the broom out of the closet. Before I could even begin to turn around and clean up her mess, she crawled back to the kitchen and started eating from the floor.

Here's a rundown of my reaction:

1. HORROR! As in ew, gross, "Lily, don't eat that!"
2. Frustration: Why wouldn't she eat it in her chair?
3. Sigh/roll of the eyes/shrug of the shoulder; Typical that she would eat the food of of the floor, but not her tray. On the verge of laughing...
4. Amusement - She even ate the veggies :) "Stay there, Lily... Mommy's going to grab the camera."

Hmmm... yet another example of how parenting is a lesson in realizing that you are no longer in control!

Side note: I swear, I swear that because of Lily's eating habits I clean the floor daily... so try not to judge me too harshly :) Just trying to keep in real!

No comments: